I am a freelance press, PR, SEO and social media campaign advisor within the Arts, cultural, heritage, community and voluntary sectors in Brighton and Hove.
I’m available for campaigns from one day to ongoing, creating effective copy, writing and distributing press releases, creating social media traction.
● Bespoke press & media marketing campaigns
● Personal service tailored to client’s needs and to different audiences and media outlets
● Press releases
● Social media support and coaching
● SEO services
● Podcasting and audio production
● Photography services
● Media coaching
● An insider’s knowledge of the media
● An ability to identify the engaging stories – which are not necessarily the ones the client has identified at first – the power of case studies and personal testimonials
● A clear understanding of arts/ cultural/ community/ voluntary sectors, how people work in them, their values and what resources and constraints they have
● Small scale, personal service.
Should the client wish it, my aim is to empower them to be able to undertake future campaigns themselves with little or no assistance, rather than run a campaign entirely on their behalf,
Current & recent clients include Attenborough Centre for the Creative Arts – podcasting; The Clock Tower Sanctuary – press/ social media content for Christmas fundraising campaign; Lamb Comedy at Brighton Fringe – press release and distribution, press photography; HOAX Theatre’s “Hysterical” show at Brighton Fringe – writing and delivering press releases, social media advice; Brighton Gin – Facebook refresh, website SEO & copywriting; Lorraine Bowen, performer – social media consultancy, press releases, bookings management; Kevin Hendley, Brighton artist – social media consultancy.
Endorsement from HOAX Theatre: “Melita has been invaluable to the growth of our show and company. She not only got us seen and heard: she also upskilled us. We’re much more PR savvy thanks to her advice. We’d use her services again in a heartbeat.”